Signature Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an Admissions Coordinator within a London University; the role would be on a full time temporary basis. The successful candidate will work as part of an Admissions Team responsible for meeting the University’s targets for the recruitment of high calibre students from the UK and overseas. The candidate would be expected to deliver an operationally excellent process and provide a high level of customer service to prospective students at every stage of the application process.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent attention to detail, experience of front line administration, ideally within the Higher Education Sector and able to communicate clearly and effectively. If you are in possession of outstanding communication skills and can work efficiently to deadlines independently and as part of a team, this could be the position for you!
Admissions Coordinator Key Responsibilities:
- Acting as the first point of contact for enquiries from prospective students, by email, telephone and in person
- Receiving and checking application forms, ensuring the completeness of data and following up on any incomplete applications with the candidates
- Assessing candidates’ academic qualifications and advising the Student Selection Committee on the equivalency of international degrees
- Preparing statistical reports on application numbers and trends
- Upholding the School’s admissions policies consistently and fairly across all applications
- Servicing departmental meetings and taking minutes where appropriate
- Creating and coordinating admitted student Facebook groups and website and working collaboratively with colleagues in the Recruitment Marketing Team, Programmes Marketing Team and Marketing Innovation Team to deliver relevant content to support admitted student conversion
- Making initial decisions on candidates’ suitability for their chosen programme in line with School’s eligibility criteria and agreed target cohort profiles
- Updating candidates’ records throughout the application process using the Admissions System
- Informing candidates of their application outcomes and liaising with Registry regarding the details of formal offers of admission.
- Liaising with the Admissions Manager(s) and academic staff on the selection of students for the School’s academic scholarships
Admissions Coordinator Key Skills:
- Educated to a degree (or equivalent) standard
- Experience of working in an Admissions Team or similar relevant area (e.g. student recruitment or student services)
- Experience of providing a responsive, customer-focused service – on the telephone, via electronic medium or face-to-face
- Experience of prioritising tasks and of managing busy workloads successfully to ensure that deadlines are met
- Flexibility and a capacity to adapt to the changing demands of the job and the needs of the team
- Proven experience as a cooperative team member who can also work independently
If you are professional, well-presented and are in possession of the skills outlined above, please apply today!
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application may not have been successful this time but we will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities.