Signature Recruitment is proud to present the position of a Business Support Administrator at a leading London University on a full time, temporary basis. The postholder will assist with raising PO’s, inbox management and answering queries, updating the website and mailing lists and organising events. The post holder will also attend meetings and take minutes, create agendas and deal with some HR processes including right to work checks.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, well organised, have experience with financial administration and understand HR processes. If this sounds like the position for you, then please read on!
Business Support Administrator Key Responsibilities:
- Ensuring electronic filing systems are maintained
- Working with the Head of School Administration, to coordinate budgets and expenditure, identify efficiencies and follow-up action.
- Coordinating and leading administrative support for various HR processes, such as recruitment, probation and promotions
- Overseeing activity in support of the visiting staff processes, inductions and onboarding as required, ensuring the correct application of procedures and compliance.
- Maintaining electronic diaries for the Head of School
- Organising meetings and appointments, coordination of MS Teams invites for calendars
- Providing support for school committee meetings including scheduling of meetings, preparing papers, action logs and minute-taking.
- Acting as a first point of contact for department queries passing them on to the appropriate Faculty member when necessary
- Liaising with academic and administrative colleagues across the faculty on behalf of the Head of School.
- Drafting and disseminating School-level updates on behalf of the Head of School and Head of School Administration.
- Support the organisation and planning of School-level events and activities, both remotely and in-person.
Business Support Administrator Key Skills /Experience:
- A good standard of general education with excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Financial admin experience
- An understanding of HR processes
- Experience within higher education is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience of dealing with a wide variety of enquiries face-to-face, by telephone or by email
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
If you are professional, well-presented and are in possession of the skills outlined above, please apply today!
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application may not have been successful this time but we will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities.