Signature are proud to be partnering with a friendly and caring nursing home based in South Wales, near Newport. They are on the hunt for 8 new Carers to join the team on either a full time or part time basis, to provide care to residents in a way that promotes choice, dignity and respect. They are looking to people that share in their belief all residents should be treated with respect and want to create an environment of care and positivity for residents. Lead by Senior Carer, you’ll work in a very person-centred approach to ensure care plans are delivered and residents are well looked after.
- Familiarise yourself with the individual care plan of every resident, keeping up to date with any changes made by authorised colleagues
- Carry out care as detailed in each individual care plan for residents in the home
- Assist residents who need help with personal care, including bathing, washing and all aspects of their personal hygiene
- Assist with the dressing or changing of residents where required
- Ensure residents’ personal living space, including bed, commode and clothing are kept clean and presentable
- Support residents with mobility and any physical disabilities, supporting the use of care aids and personal equipment
- Help promote mental and physical activity of residents through conversation, on-site and off-site activities and sharing in day to day recreation such as reading, writing and general hobbies
- Support responsive and caring action by notifying the person in charge immediately of any matter affecting the well-being of residents and the Home
- Prepare simple food and drinks and where necessary assist or feed residents requiring help
- Assist the kitchen in the plating up and serving of meals as required
- Respond to emergency bells, front door and telephone, greet and welcome visitors in the home
- Adopt a professional approach towards residents, relatives, colleagues and visitors
- Complete all mandatory training as required by the Home
- Ideally, experience within care
- A genuine passion about caring for people and have a flair for helping people maintain their independence, choice and dignity.
- an effective communicator, able to build strong and honest relationships with residents and the people they care about.
In return, you’ll get a salary of £8.75 p/h alongside 5.6 weeks holiday, great training and development, free parking, free uniform and a DBS. This role is based in a rural location near Newport, so you’ll need your own transport. It’s a 36 hour per week contract working alternate weekends, shirts are 7am-7pm or 7am-2pm (24 hours for part time).