Signature Recruitment have an excellent opportunity to join our client, a leading London University, as a Department Administrator. This role is a full time temporary role and will be to support the day-to-day running of the department including purchasing, finance and recruitment processes.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Department Manager and will provide excellent customer service, liaising across the department with staff and external Stakeholders. They will work independently and be flexible to accommodate changing priorities. If you have strong administration skills and some HR experience, then this could be a great opportunity for you!
Department Administrator Key Responsibilities:
- Acting as a focal point for general enquiries for students, staff and external visitors
- Raising Purchase Orders and Virtual Credit Cards and other finance documents on the department systems
- Processing and authorising finance paperwork including expense claim forms, invoices and other payment forms as required
- Ensuring both paper and electronic files are stored appropriately in department systems
- Using Talentlink to circulate short lists to recruiting manager once all applications have been received
- Managing the interview process for the new posts in the department
- Preparing interview packs of applications as well as interview schedules and circulating them to the interview panel
- Ensure all administrative tasks have been completed to ensure a smooth start for all new staff
- Responsible for creating, updating, filing and archiving staff files
- Take minutes of departmental meetings as required
Department Administrator Essential Skills and Experience:
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Proven experience of working in a busy administrative office providing excellent customer service
- Organise and prioritise own work activities within established routines or procedures
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
If you possess the correct skills and experience, please apply today!
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application may not have been successful this time but we will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities.