An excellent opportunity has arisen to join Signature Recruitment as a Distance/ Online Learning Officer on a four month temporary basis. The purpose of the role is to support colleagues with day to day queries and help with trouble solving.
The ideal candidate will have experience with troubleshooting and problem solving. If you have excellent communication skills and a high attention to detail, with a desire to provide exceptional service then this could be a great opportunity for you!
Key responsibilities and objectives of the job
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support via the Faculty TEL Service Desk (on rotation).
- Providing synchronous and asynchronous follow-up TEL training and support to academic staff in the Faculty.
- Supporting the fully flexible teaching delivery in the Faculty for the remainder of the Academic Year of 2020/2021 and the preparation for the next academic year.
- Working closely with academic and professional services colleagues to help embed learning technologies to support teaching, learning and assessment activities.
- Supporting academic and professional services staff on the creation, delivery and marking of the Online Assessments.
- Supporting the design, development, implementation and evaluation of the effective use of learning technologies.
- Working with Education Solutions and the Centre for Technology Enhanced Learning teams to aid the delivery of strategic digital education projects.
- Supporting the TEL Manager and the Faculty Education Team in TEL projects.
- Communicating project activities, departmental news and service status to stakeholders via face-to-face and online means.
- Actively liaising with other TEL staff across the College enabling exchange of ideas and experience including the design and implementation of new systems and increased efficiency.
- Remaining abreast of latest technological developments, including hardware/software that may be useful for a particular project or across a number of projects and participates in the testing and evaluation of those.
If you would like to make a progressive career step and join a dynamic, city based team then please apply today!
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application may not have been successful this time but we will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities.