Do you have strong admin and secretarial experience, seeking an opportunity to further your career as an Executive Assistant? Are you looking for a long-term part-time assignment with an immediate start? Signature Recruitment is partnering with a prestigious London-based university for an Executive Assistant to their Executive Office. This 12-month fixed-term contract offers a part-time schedule from Monday to Thursday (28 hours per week). There is the added benefit of a hybrid working model.
This assignment provides a unique opportunity to support the Dean of Extended Education, a key figure leading the school’s extensive education portfolio. In this vital role, you will manage the Dean’s diary, organise meetings and committees, and ensure that all necessary documentation is prepared in advance. You’ll play a crucial part in the day-to-day operations of the Executive Office, providing secretariat support to extended education working groups, drafting correspondence, and assisting the team with general tasks as necessary. Your ability to multitask, prioritise, and maintain discretion at all times will be key to the success of this position.
Executive Assistant Key Responsibilities:
- Efficiently manage the Dean’s diary, scheduling regular and ad-hoc meetings and events.
- Organise and service meetings and committees, including room bookings, refreshments, agendas, and minute-taking.
- Provide secretariat support to extended education working groups, coordinating with senior colleagues.
- Maintain close communication with the Dean, ensuring they are informed of upcoming events and commitments.
- Draft correspondence, reports, and other documents with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Support the Executive Office’s day-to-day operations and handle ad-hoc administrative duties as required.
Executive Assistant Key Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in the Higher Education sector, with expertise in complex diary management and committee support.
- Exceptional organisational skills, with the ability to plan, prioritise, and multitask efficiently.
- Strong communication and discretion skills, capable of managing sensitive information and interacting with staff at all levels.
This Executive Assistant position offers the chance to gain significant experience within a leading educational institution, supporting the Dean of Extended Education and the wider Executive Office team. If you are a dedicated professional with the skills and experience we are seeking, we encourage you to apply.
While we aim to respond to every applicant, the volume of applications may result in delayed communication. If you do not receive a response within a week, your application may not have been successful on this occasion, but we will keep your details for potential future opportunities.
Please be aware that Signature Recruitment will never reach out to candidates through WhatsApp, nor will we request sensitive information like bank details, passport, or driving licence data during the application process. For a secure job search and reliable flexible work, we advise consulting Jobs Aware who ensure all workers and work-seekers in the UK have access to free help and advice, as well as provide an option to report a scam or exploitation.T9564