Signature Recruitment have an excellent opportunity to join our client, a leading London University, as a Group Support Officer. This role will be on a full time, temporary basis, and will be joining the Business School to
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in higher education. You will also be able to work well independently and able to manage a varied workload. If this matches your skills and experience then please read on!
Group Support Officer Main Responsibilities:
- Acting as a first point of contact for all group enquiries and ensuring that they are dealt with quickly, effectively and systematically.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative, resourceful and proactive working relationship with academic staff and students to a consistently high level of customer service.
- Carry out daily administrative tasks including, but not limited to, the production of standard letters for staff, collection and dissemination of meeting papers and minutes, organisation of rooms, catering and appointment bookings as required.
- organising and co-ordinating room bookings, catering, travel arrangements and expenses for seminar speakers and for any Group related events.
- Working in collaboration with the Communications Officer to ensure effective publicity for seminars and events.
- To assist the School Administrator on academic staff interview days for the group.
- Assisting during examination periods which involves; collating packs of examination papers for the external examiners, arranging couriers, ordering examination stationery, making exam board room bookings and ordering the appropriate refreshments.
Group Support Officer Essential Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in Higher Education
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience with event organisation
- Experience of building an effective network across a complex organisation and with external stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
If you are immediately available and have essential skills required for this position, please apply today!
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.