Signature Recruitment has an exciting opportunity to join our client, a prestigious London University, on a full time, temporary basis as a Programme Officer! This client is looking for three Programme Officers to join them on an immediate start basis and the role will mainly focus on the processes around mitigating circumstances extension requests.
This role will suit someone who has worked within Higher Education in a similar role and has experience communicating with both students and academics, using VLE systems and is able to effectively prioritise and manage their time. If you possess these skills, then please read on!
Programme Officer Main Responsibilities:
- Managing assessment tasks with the Senior Programmes Officer, including processing Mitigating Circumstances extension request, student assessment data and liaising with academic colleagues
- Reviewing extension requests, checking for missing information and following up with students on this
- Approving extension requests and forwarding to the Department Managers for sign off
- Monitoring the shared inbox and responding to enquiries from students, teaching support staff and Academics
- Coordinating marking of assessments and ensuring they are marked
- Formatting mark sheets
- Supporting the set-up of folders and other content on Moodle/SITS and uploading e-materials
- Coordinate the preparation of template emails/letters/guidance documents
- Setting up and maintaining electronic filing systems
- Preparing of schedules, timelines and student timetables
- Supporting the Senior Programmes Officer with key administrative tasks, including data entry, minute taking, setting up and attending committees
Programme Officer Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience working within Higher Education
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Pro-active and able to work in an autonomous way, knowing when to ask for guidance
- Advanced user of MS packages i.e. Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Familiar with setting up meetings, groups, channels and running events/webinars using MS Teams/Zoom and other conferencing software
If you possess the necessary skillset and are seeking an exciting opportunity to work with this leading University, we look forward to receiving your application!
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application may not have been successful this time but we will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities.